Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this might not be the correct spot for this but I have been researching and have a question I’m looking to add more tone/rumble to my 2012 Challenger RT Classic 5.7 Automatic. I’m looking at the Solo Mach X system, just wondering on the single muffler and how it sounds. I was looking for the FlowMaster Force II but they now longer make it for my year only 2015 up. I was also on the fence to do a mid muffler delete or add after market mufflers but keeping the resonators will still make it quiet. I was looking at the Solo’s because they claim to be drone free but I’m sure there’s some kind of drone. Thanks for any help or advice
Michrick

·
Super Moderator
5,462 Posts
i have a 2009 Rt and have the solo system on mine, love the sound, not too loud on starts and has a nice purr when running the highway, and lets you know its there when you punch the accelerator. it will put a smile on your face.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello All,
Thanks for everyone's comments/advice I'm going to make the trip next week for to Kenmore, NY to get the Solo Mach X MDS installed for my 2012 RT Classic 5.7 with the A5. I see there is talk about the X pipe over the x Muffler? I've searched youtube and I can only find what either set up sounds like on the SRT's or V6 Challengers. Just reaching out to see if there is any 5.7 owners with the Solo setup. Again looking for a better rumble but nothing to crazy
Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just pulled the trigger on the Solo Mash X MDS for my 2012 RT Classic 5.7, A5. All I can say is the sound is night and day from stock. It was what this Challenger needed nice rumble, minimal interior noise and its let’s you know it’s there when to get on it. Bob and his crew got my car in right at 9:00 AM and I was on the road back to Syracuse by 10:00AM. The fit and finish was excellent, the crew at Solo/Mufflerman were very professional and answered all my questions. Solo Performance is a top notch company Thanks again Steve, Jeff, Bob and the crew for doing a fantastic job, it’s even wifey approved.
Rick

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good choice... On my 2nd cat back from Solo... On my 2nd Challenger... There's not a thing bad I can say of the company or there products... Your gonna love the sound and after it "burns in" it'll sound even better in a good way... Two thumbs up from me 👍👍.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts