Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
GHOST - How easy (or difficult) is it to use this stuff? Im guessing it's sticky on one side, or do you have to use some spray on adhesive. Wondering if it is easy enough to mold around corners etc to cover different shaped pieces.

Wish they had a deeper color purple..

Mike

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PS remember THIS cf material is interior ONLY!!

you use 3m adhesive, a heat gun, and PATIENCE!! I am replacing my stock spoiler with a new setup and am going to cover the original spoiler in CF in a step-by- step pic DIY for this section - also will probably post how to cover your strut tower caps in cf this monday.

Then I am going to overlay engine parts and post those

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PPS - really glad you are here Mike - you are an old time tinkerer like me :) I REALLY get tired of guys thinking they did something because they bolted on the part of the month (mostly hood struts)

I am getting into the CarbonFiber in a BIG way (and have ordered enough to cover my MISTAKES)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GHOST - Im guessing it's sticky on one side, or do you have to use some spray on adhesive. Wondering if it is easy enough to mold around corners etc to cover different shaped pieces.

The Carbon Fiber vinyl III is PERFECT for heat molding around interior pieces but is only available in limited colors - it is wet adhesive on one side and stretches

this is the cheapest I have found it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280282428206&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im gonna buy some and play with it... Practice on a junk piece or two and then give it a shot. I want to do my vent bezels, redo some of the cf stuff that is stock in purple... I'll have to buy some of that purple to see what it looks like in person.

First things first, is my mod for my intake. Just have to find time to git'r done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts