Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought it time to do this, as the club has neared 80 members now! The idea started between two grumpy old men, Ghost and myself! We had run with the LXers last year, but felt that the Challenger owners had different priorities/values/pride in our cars then they do/have. Now all of u know of the two other websites out there for our cars, I am a member of both. So I started a thread in the regions section of each, saying to pm me email address, as that was the best way to link people from both sites, called it NorTex at the time. Well I learned something real quick, one of the sites is not just a forum, it's a "club", guess which one! They deleted the thread, no pm, nothing! Had to ask them thru pm, reply was " this is a competeing club", the thread was! So enter Moparx2, who I've known for awhile. Good spot to mention here, that neither Ghost, nor Moparx2 will post/visit the other sites, so I'm in the middle, trying to link people from both sites. Most who know me know I don't own, nor want a computer, as I cause enough comotion with this iPhone, so I asked Moparx2 to be the database for the email list. Moparx2 and I talked about how we had seen/been in many clubs/organizations that had spiraled into cliques/power struggles/problems as what starts inclusive usually turns exclusive. So it was decided that this club/unclub would have no officers/dues/orginzation that the SHARING of the ENTIRE email list with everyone on it, would enable a round table/all equal form of non-goverance, as it's just/allways has been a way to get around/link the forums, just an information sharing group. Then I asked Dave to let us be a "club" here, and he did, now we have a home! NorTex was the half of Texas Challengers, and I expected Ghost to do a SoTex, tho at the creation it was all under the Texas Challengers banner. Well it was decided that it would be better to make it one club/unclub and the addition of Outlaws between Texas Challengers would diffrentiate us from other groups( one a softball team) with the same name. Once again Dave came thru, changed our name to the present, and made Ghost and I both moderaters of the clubs forum, woohoo! So this is where we are, trying to keep the basic concept of the group, that one email list unites us( sounds like lord of the rings, eh)! The rewards of this unsystem were seen at the Temple show, when we outnumbered the other modern mopar models with Challengers! But we are still struggling to get the entire list updated/sent to all members, as I am very limited to what I can do with this iPhone, I even tried to use my friends computer to update a Excel worksheet that Ghost sent me, guess what, no Excel program on his puter, just my luck, haha! But I will get it done, send it out to all, so we can get back to the core idea of the club/unclub that Ghost and I started, that if people know of events early enough, they will have a better chance of scheduling/making the events/m&gs/cruises this year, the goal to Challengerize everything this year! No rules/officers/roadcaptains/bosses/founders/dues EVER, no glory, just RESULTS! Sorry the post is long, just wanted to give credit to my two GREAT friends Ghost and Moparx2, without who this idea would have never been possible! Now guess I'll work on the dang list, get that out to everyone, before we hit the 100 members mark, woohoo! Sicki(Mark), da sick'r bee

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
So I started a thread in the regions section of each, saying to pm me email address, as that was the best way to link people from both sites, called it NorTex at the time. Well I learned something real quick, one of the sites is not just a forum, it's a "club", guess which one! They deleted the thread, no pm, nothing! Had to ask them thru pm, reply was " this is a competeing club", the thread was! sick'r bee
this forum(club???) wouldnt by any chance be the Zoo would it?

reason i guess that lousy good for nothing site is they pulled the same crap on me last july which was one of a long list of SH*T they pulled.
said my NJ mopars signature was a violation because the Zoo was a club:think: i asked how a their web site was a club? never got an answer.

if i ever have the displeasure of meeting the one with the charger during one my my trips to stuart Fl to visit friends im going to kick his fat A** right in the :nutkick:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know u're not alone in those feelings, as thats one of the reasons this place is so nice! But Tony said we wouldn't get mad, we'd get busy! He started a new thread, stated this isn't a club, just a rally point and the results are that half the members come from there.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
this forum(club???)

if i ever have the displeasure of meeting the one with the charger during one my my trips to stuart Fl to visit friends im going to kick his fat A** right in the :nutkick:
you are SECOND in line - his name is Clay Hayes and he lives in Fort Pierce - :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
anyone need a maxi pad?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hahaha, where u been brother? Hope Lisa is feeling better!
Whats up brother Mark,

Bloody computer got just as sick as Lisa did!!! The Geeks finally got her breathing again....:p
:;:)An Lisa was sick all month........

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hey guys - I am ready to go to mail the list (in excel format) to ANYONE who requests it. I can provide it alpha by NAME or alpha by LOCATION (so you know exactly who is in your area to get together with) - please tell me which one you prefer when you request

ps - Before Big Mike starts whining AGAIN - the window stripe IS done BOTH ways - TX and TEXAS

Attachments

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
bee - I am sorry - modified YOUR post by accident - still groggy from last week

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Mike, the post Ghost altered, said we don't whine, we are just vocal critics! And he should support our brothers when they are in them foreign countries like Kansas! Don't let Ghost read this, but we are collecting a bunch of S's in all fonts/styles so next time we're all together, me an Glenn gonna sneak over and remove the G's, replace the T's with S's and see how long it takes him to notice he has the HOSS addition, teeheehee!!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
advice to those plotting nefarious deeds:

Beware the BANANA of March my son!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Longer Drive for the Challenger Boys but seeing as I hung around with Ghost the whole time at the LX meet and hes right about the feeling that they keeps saying Chally's arent all LX then well I guess you would have to say the one of a kind is better and the only 2 stickers I got say Tx Outlaw Challys on it so Guess we are a different breed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have noticed that there are a lot of guys from Texas on this thread. It was like when I was in Houston a few years ago I noticed a lot of Texas plates on cars and such. You never know where you will run into a Texan. They seem to be every where.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have noticed that there are a lot of guys from Texas on this thread. It was like when I was in Houston a few years ago I noticed a lot of Texas plates on cars and such. You never know where you will run into a Texan. They seem to be every where.
:bigthinking:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mike I officially/un ka-night u the un/ambassador to the northern territories, that reside outside of the great state of Tejas! Think Ben Franklin in Paris! Also have u found that TREE they're allways branging they have up there yet?:drinkingbuddies:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
OK am I wrong here or is he asking if there are a lot of Texas people on here with the Texas Outlaw thread and am I also lost in that he is wondering why he saw a lot of Texas plates in Houston???
:pullover::waving::exclaim::idea::question::whistle::tease::;:)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts