Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well Jack and I are going to make a swap tomorrow. He wants to try my 18" wheels with the Firestone FireHawk GT's. And I am going to try his 20" factory chrome clads(which I really like). Not looking to do any burnouts with the 20' but I do like the look they have.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
All I have to do is recalibrate for tire size with my Diablosport and I'm good.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

This is the result so far with the experiment.. hehe ;)

All I can tell you is that I won't have to worry about tire wear of the burnout kind, but the ride is smoother and it seems to shift smoother too.

Jack proved to me the grip the Firehawks have. All I can say is my back will be better after a couple of advil.

A final decision will be made on the swap after about a week. :pray:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I'm surprised the ride would be smoother. With less sidewall I'd think it would be a bit firmer.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Yes, the concensus so far is, the RSA's ride and handle good, but traction sux. My car is a better performer with the slightly smaller diameter(ratio) and like Dave alluded to the Firehawks bite while not sacrificing the ride. I miss the "bling" of my chrome clads, but if I can find an 18" wheel I can't live without (and afford) I'm sure I will get over it. Tick tock.......

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Dave, the car looks great! but with the 20s we sure wont have a chance to win at car shows against you lol

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My ride may not be the fastest. but I might as well go down as having a good looking ride. :think:

ran into one of the mechanics from Green's dodge at Wally World tonight and he said that I need a tuner, but as far as looks goes, mine looks pretty dam good.

wash day is tomorrow, just in case there is a show and shine that night. :pullover:

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw some black ones like that,. yes they do make the car look bad ass for sure. :thumbupright:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
What are they Chris, and how much $$$$? That's a look I haven't considered.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Dave
how do you like the 20s on your car? do you check mileage and have you seen
any difference in that also?

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Yep, Daves got you covered! $20 more each than the rims you just posted up.
I called Tire Rack today and got a quote of $187.00 each. They have them in 20"x 8.5, I asked my tire guy & he said if I didn't go any wider than the 255/45/20 I should be OK as opposed to the 20x9's. hmmmm:think:

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I called Tire Rack today and got a quote of $187.00 each. They have them in 20"x 8.5, I asked my tire guy & he said if I didn't go any wider than the 255/45/20 I should be OK as opposed to the 20x9's. hmmmm:think:

Jack
Seems like a good deal! & If you ever feel like you want more rubber, you can send of the rears & get them widened :rockout:

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Jack
I hate to say, but those black ones are bit***in!!!:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
So.....you guys think I should get those?

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So.....you guys think I should get those?

Jack
your choice, they both look good. being that you have a black car and all............ I just think it goes well with the theme(black vodoo). plus they are a tad cheaper. :thumbupleft:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Maybe a couple more would chime in, 'cause I like them too

Jack

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.