1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these are the ones I use on GHOST

http://superlumination.com/7443_7440.htm

Introducing the Switchback
7443 LED Combination Amber and White LED Tower Bulbs
Two Colors - One Bulb

New Smart-Drive Technology
Don't be fooled by counterfeits, these are not available anywhere else!
CLICK HERE To See How This Operates

60 Led SMT Tower
Measures 3/4" (20mm diameter x 2-5/1 6 " overall height)
Note: The 7443 60 led switchback has a standard 3/4" diameter head to match all standard 7443 housings.

you have to use two 10 ohm in line resistors that
Superlumina sells as well

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
How much sensei, isnt this what we were talking about?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bulbs are about 80.00 and the resistors about 20.00 aand about 50.00 in labor at USA Motorsports

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just spent about $10 on a set of bulbs that are clear/silver in appearance (because they are coated the reflectors don't reflect amber) when off and switch to amber color when on. (Required by law for turn signals) Makes the front look alot cleaner with lights off and $10 mod is easy on the wallet! Found info on the other Challenger site...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Awsome, I've been looking for something like this.

Ghost any more info u can provide, how many LEDs did u get? Got a vid of them going from white to amber?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Casey - I use the 60/60 Led towers - you can see the white DRL part in my avatar pic

as to vids - I am old person :eek:ldtimer: - I know how to make a call, text and how to shoot a still pic on my phone - that's about it

·
Registered
14 Posts
heh alright no worries, ill probably buy em and try em they look like theyre exactly what i was looking for.

the 60/60's fit no problem?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Need to post that picture of wiring in the load resistors brother, if I remember was the outer two wires on the plugs? I'm cheep tho, did the same as my brother Sniper, looks more of headlight when off, and as I want to turn on DRLs someday ( which uses the turn signal elements), that would really heat the load resistors to be running steady, so don't know if I'd do this mod on Canadian car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So you think running DRLs would be a problem with these. I'll definitely be running DRLs which is why I wanted these, not a fan of the orange DRLs.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
My understanding of DRL on our cars, is that it uses the higher intensity ( turn signal) of the two elements on the turn/park bulbs. Thats also the circuit u must use the load balancer on, or u get the bulb out/fast flash. So think if it's Canadian with the DRL on, they will still be yellow? If u turn on fog/park lights, and the DRL goes off, u would have white, as it's only white on the parklight circuit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would think that the DRLs are just the parklights no?

Maybe I can check the intensity of the bulbs while the DRLs r on and the park lights r on, if theyre the same intensity would it be safe to assume they are using the same circuit for the parklight / DRLs?

I'll have to check it out tonight

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
That should work, and if still not sure, turn on hazards/turn signal if the DRL flash you'll know. But I'm pretty sure of this, as everyone down here had expected a low wattage headlight beam, and were suprised that it was actually the turn/hazard element of the park/turn lights. Good luck brother, I just wanted to warn u , as these aren't cheap, and with the load resisters, are even less so. But still think if u turn on park lights, the DRL will go out, and THAT would give u the white running light u want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts