Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of changing out factory throttle body with a BBK one has anybody changed theirs out and was it worth it an the money? :helpsos:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I was going to do this a while back, I just had real life throw in ALOT of curve balls and I haven't been able to.
When I was going to do it, alot of people say it is worth it and if I remember correctly they had a BIG back order on the 100mm throtle body for the Challenger, so it looks like alot of folks like em.

Not alot of info or stats, sorry...but if I get the cash I am still going to do it.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yes, I was thinking I saw some 85mm. Let me the first to ask, and be that guy, what does it do to gas mileage? I am thinking it doesn't improve it. lol. Wonder what the trade off in mpg is vs improvement in ET? Now those would be the numbers to get. Think there on the box?

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Better throttle response would be the biggest improvement. Unless you're going to try and get 500RWHP or better out of your engine, the stock one works fine. I never paid much attention to mileage claims on aftermarket TB's, once I considered the bang for buck performance difference, I lost interest.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Hahaha you're welcome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts