Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or they they ran out of zip ties to strap the mats to the seat mount. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think its something in the computer or fuel system not the damn floor mat and this may explain their suspension of sales also
I agree. Because it doesn't sound like just stuck accelerators... there have also been reports of them accelerating on their own.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
If it turns out to be a servo in the drive-by-wire system, they are in for a MASSIVE recall, and their vendor will take it up the wazoo along with them. This had been going on long before the unfortunate accident involving a state trooper and his family dying as a result. Toyota's arrogance in this matter will cost them dearly.

Jack

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Toyota's arrogance in this matter will cost them dearly.

Jack
Talk about arrogance... last night during or right after Nightline (they had a story about Toyota's problems) and there was a Toyota commercial... the one where they proudly proclaim "Toyota has won more quality awards than any other brand."

Even facing this massive problem, and virtually admitting they don't know what the hell is wrong, they are still calling themselves the kings of quality. Unfreakinbelievable!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
X2 on the floormats not being the problem, looks like an excuse before now. Believe it is a problem in the fly by wire/computer control system from things I've been reading. Also seems the fix is a brake override of the system that many other brands allready incorperate in their systems. Tragic for those that have lost lives due to this failure. We recently had a fatal acceleration at a T intersection into a pond, that at first was blamed on the mat, until it was discovered locked in the trunk. Unfourtunatly, the black boxs don't record these failures, as it seems to be part of the problem.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
If it turns out to be a servo in the drive-by-wire system, they are in for a MASSIVE recall, and their vendor will take it up the wazoo along with them. This had been going on long before the unfortunate accident involving a state trooper and his family dying as a result. Toyota's arrogance in this matter will cost them dearly.

Jack
Jack
this is exactly what i have been saying, this problem has been around for quite some time and has only been getting worse, if i remember right they had massive problems with the F16 and its fly by wire system and the manufacturer and military put the blame on hot shot pilots until a real investigation proved otherwise.

A friend of mine has a new Toyota corolla and I told her back when the first recall for the mat started that it wasn't the floor mat causing it and if that ever happened to her to shove it in neutral, pull to the side of the road and shut it down. it may damage the engine although i think the rev limiter will not allow it to blow but its better to have a blown engine than a dead body.
i just hope if it happens she doesn't panic and forget what i told her.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We recently had a fatal acceleration at a T intersection into a pond, that at first was blamed on the mat, until it was discovered locked in the trunk.
I saw that on Nightline last night. 4 People were in the car when it ended up upside down in the pond.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts