Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK gang, no sooner than the Saints whupped the Giants I started thinking about Sunday's event. I will post on our site as to who is in, where to meet up for the drive down there, etc.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
I will know later in the week if I am going or not. :?:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Can't wait! I'll bring my moms video camera and my camera. Get an inside view and out! :thumbupleft:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, as good as our cars are running with the low temps, traction is a big problem. I'm stepping up to a slightly wider tire and hope lowering the pressure helps with the launch. I figure the run with the least amount of tire spin will yield the best ET. As quick as a Hemi winds up, the power band it has at midrange would give a drag radial all it wants for sure. I will be keeping an eye on my car this week, I got home from watching the Saints game and the check engine light came on in my driveway. I scanned it with the Predator and it gave a code for thermostat. I cleared it and it has stayed off for the meantime. It never ran hot or even wavered from the normal spot on the gauge so who knows. A glitch. Gary S. says he definitely is riding there with me there, he's a hoot. :drinkingbuddies:

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I'm hoping for some good cold weather! Yesterday I had her chirping in second every time I would get on it!

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Needing some input as to where the Alex/Pineville members will meet up before the drive to the strip. So far, i'm seeing an 8am departure time. I can be anywhere in Alex around 7:30 to wait on you guys/gals.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to leave it up to you guys, either the usual meet-up or the old vacant truck stop on South MacArthur and Sugarhouse Road. I'm easy :cool: Just post up your suggestions on our site. I will be trolling it heavy the next couple of days.

Jack

·
Registered
332 Posts
Lets just go with the normal spot, everybody knows where it is, too easy...

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
right now I am planning on going. Trying to see if my son will go with me. If he does I will pick him up at the mainstore in Longville. Then head out hwy 190 to Opelousas. Can meet up with you guys there.

G

·
Jack, I had the thermostat thing too a couple months ago... wonder if that's a common defect? I have one on order at Bunkie. They've since checked it twice and they said it's fine but the light has come back on a few times. Interesting...

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yours is still bone stock isn't it? I changed my t-stat to a 180 months ago, this is the first issue of any kind. We'll see, I have my Predator to turn the light off and read codes. The usual meet-up place is cool. I will be there early to meet up with you.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
According to google maps the track is 144 miles from me going south to Ragley and then heading east on 190. I am leaving about 7:30 in the morning. Should be able to meet up with you guys in Opelousas. Jack or Jason keep you cell phone on. ;)

don't know how long you guys plan on staying there. but I will only be there a few hours then I have to head on back.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dave just stopped by and I am going to follow him up tomarrow, see the rest of you in Opelousas. Should be quite the caravan......:rockout:

·
Super Moderator
5,445 Posts
if you are going Chris, PM me your cell number so I can let you guys know where we are at.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Woohoo, it's here. Track Day. Sitting here typing this with my coffee waiting for Gary's wife to drop him off, then hitting the ATM down the road from the ol' meeting spot. See u guys there!

Jack

·
Registered
332 Posts
Getting ready to leave and meet up with Dave, See ya in a few..................

1 - 19 of 19 Posts