Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, Reader's Digest version.
I was surfing one day and discovered they were bringing the Dodge Challenger back. Two weeks down the road, I was calling my loan company to get the payoff on my 9 month old Dodge Ram so I could sell it in order to afford a Challenger. June 7, 2008 my order went in for an '09 Stone White R/T 6-speed with 20's as the only option. After waiting almost 10 weeks, I discovered the dealer was using my allocation to order vehicles for "bigger customers", pushing my order back every month. Yanked my deposit, pouted for a week or so, then piggybacked a dealer order that was in D status for a COMPLETELY different Challenger, Brilliant Black automatic 28J package with more options than I really wanted.So what, I still wanted a damn Challenger! It was almost exactly 3 weeks from completed build to the dealer lot. Took delivery Sept. 19, 2008. I can't imagine driving anything else. A few months later, I got to drive a 6-speed car because I wanted to satisfy my curiosity as to whether I made a mistake by not waiting half a year or longer. Nah. Rowing the gears was great fun, the manual cars have more of a muscle car feel, but I don't think it was any faster than my auto. Oh, here's a pic of my car and the silver manual I drove.
Jack

Attachments

G

·
That's a good story... not going through it all, but hearing it :)
So you have an anniversary coming up this Saturday... doing anything special with her? :dance:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to commemorate the day with a good long cruise, maybe go say hi to my salesman and do a burnout in the lot. :D

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I think it depends on the circumstances, I have read where the dealer has held the refund until the car came in and was sold. In my case, I wasn't about to leave without my check for 3k after being lied to. I think the word "misrepresentation" came up during my tirade.

Jack

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I think it depends on the circumstances, I have read where the dealer has held the refund until the car came in and was sold. In my case, I wasn't about to leave without my check for 3k after being lied to. I think the word "misrepresentation" came up during my tirade.

Jack
and i found that if you are LOUD enough in the showroom they will
pretty much give you everything to get rid of you

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to commemorate the day with a good long cruise, maybe go say hi to my salesman and do a burnout in the lot. :D

Jack

OK, change of plans for her birthday. My nephew and I are going to enclose the part of the carport my Challenger sits in. She gets a garage for her 1st bday!!

Jack

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
:heartstiny: Aww.. gonna show her ya love her. :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's really a sickness you know if you stop and think about it. What the hell, we could be doing worse things with our money

Jack

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
YEAH!!! I just tell the wife "look how much I am saving on beer and Drugs!!!:tease:

oh!! and forgot. all those wild women!!:eek:ldtimer:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts