Challenger Life Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,444 Posts
just found out from a Dodge Tech .............

you have 2 key fobs to use for it, one is street and the other is high performance.. you use the High Performance fob , you void your warranty. how nice after spending over $70,000 to get a car you cant even use it like they show you in all these videos, without voiding the warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I call BS. They can't/wouldn't void a warranty for using the regular, i.e. not valet fob.

With the black key fob, the car enters a Valet Mode, reducing output to 500 horsepower, limiting peak revs to 4,000, locking out the TorqueFlite's low first gear, and short-shifting up-shifts. It also disables launch control and the steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters and sets the suspension setting to the least-aggressive "Street" mode.

·
Super Moderator
5,444 Posts
i didnt say using the valet fob, using the HP fob. but again it was on facebook listed by a dodge tech,

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Re-read my statement. We are talking about the same fob, HP fob, red fob, normal fob, i.e. not valet fob.

·
Super Moderator
5,444 Posts
from what I understand, you enter a pin code to go into the valet mode. just what I have heard.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Ah, I was assuming the black fob was a valet fob. My mistake.

Found this on Chrysler media site:

Unlocking the power
For the first time in Chrysler Group history, the all-new 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT with a Hellcat engine comes standard with two key fobs – red and black. The red key fob is the only key that can unlock the full horsepower and torque potential of the Challenger SRT Hellcat engine; while the black key fob limits the driver to a reduced engine output.

Valet Mode is offered on both Challenger SRT and Challenger SRT with a Hellcat engine. When Valet Mode is activated, the following vehicle configurations are enabled:
  • Engine is remapped to significantly reduce horsepower and torque; limited to 4,000 rpm
  • Transmission locks out access to first gear and upshifts earlier than normal
  • Transmission will treat the manual shifter position the same as the drive position
  • Traction, steering and suspension are set to their “Street” settings
  • Steering-wheel paddle shifters are disabled
  • Drive Mode functions are disabled
  • Electronic Stability Control (ESC) is enabled to Full-on
  • Launch Control is disabled
The driver can activate and deactivate Valet Mode with a four-digit PIN code they create.

So I guess valet mode can be turned on when either fob is used. Which implies, to me, the only difference between fobs is 707 HP or 500 HP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts