Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other makes can and are getting chop just from a tune.. Is there anybody doing tunes for our hemi?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,447 Posts
well depends on what kind of tuner you got. Johan at diablosport does tunes but you have to send him a few data logs so he can get it right for you. there are others out there, if there is a performance shop near you , try them out. but you have to have some type of tuning app first, I use a Diablosport trinity, but I am running the one of the canned tunes that come with it, (91 tune) runs better on mine and on the dyno I pulled near 340 RWHP and 375 fpt. so I am not griping that much at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have the trinity t1000 and am running the same canned tune...

I hear about how they share tunes on mustangs and specifically lately a "chop" tune. I was wondering if there was a canned tune like this. Also, is the a place that shares tunes... Like fir instance, I have a CAI, longtube headers, full Cat back Pypes Violator system. I could technically use a tune from someone with a similar set up that may be better than a typical canned 91oct tune just to get me by until I get a custom tune. I want to wait til it's cammed to get a custom tune... This would be like my Power Commander on my bike... They have sites that share as well as the power commander site has an area to share.

·
Super Moderator
5,447 Posts
I am not sure on the sharing part, I don't think any mopar owners use that system, most of them either use the canned tune or go to a shop so the tech and personally design one up for you. I don't know how a tune for a mustang or a camaro would work for our hemis. every car is different, I know one guy with a 2009 RT and his car is a monster, for some reason he has a PCM that just likes to put the power to the wheels. a freak of a PCM. unlike others. never here of a chop tune, but that is just me, I haven't put that much into getting a tune done for my car. kinda like the way it handles now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I didn't mean use a tune for a Mustang, obviously that can't be done.... I was giving an example... Ford and GM cars can now be tuned to get that chop sound on a stock cam... I was wondering if anyone has done this with the Hemi... And if there is any sharing sites like you can with the other makes... Why is everything MoPar have to be so locked down and monopolized and expensive....?

·
Super Moderator
5,447 Posts
lol,because they don't want you messing with it, is my guess, but who knows, it took diablosport a couple of years to unlock the pcm on the 2011 cars you wold figure with all the HP they want to put out they would be more tuning friendly. like the other brands. but it doesn't work that way. I know right now on the 2015 rams, you wanted a tune you had to get a 2014 PCM and do the swap. so I am just leaving my 2015 truck the way it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well depends on what kind of tuner you got. Johan at diablosport does tunes but you have to send him a few data logs so he can get it right for you. there are others out there, if there is a performance shop near you , try them out. but you have to have some type of tuning app first, I use a Diablosport trinity, but I am running the one of the canned tunes that come with it, (91 tune) runs better on mine and on the dyno I pulled near 340 RWHP and 375 fpt. so I am not griping that much at all.
What mods do you have?

·
Super Moderator
5,447 Posts
as far as the engine goes, I have a JBA shorty headers, solo performance exhaust, K&N with the Shaker, 180 degree thermostat.running the 91 octane tune from my trinity. also have an SRT8 suspension package(shocks and springs) Nothing has been done internally to the motor. still all stock there with the exception of the timing chain recall on the older models in which they installed the 6.1 chain kit, that is what the recall called for.

Reactions: Redbullssg
1 - 9 of 9 Posts