Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a great deal on the Chrome fuel door on wednesday and i'll be damned if it didnt arrive today already.

knowing you guys have already swapped yours out how is it done?

done you have photos of the swap?

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
took you 5 minutes??!!! WOW.

j/k, ;) yeah it was pretty easy. Funny thing is that there is no bolts or anything holding it in place, just the rubber gasket around the filler neck.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took you 5 minutes??!!! WOW.

j/k, ;) yeah it was pretty easy. Funny thing is that there is no bolts or anything holding it in place, just the rubber gasket around the filler neck.
Dave
while searching other sites on how to do it i had read that you had to reach inside the inner fender well to get it to pop out. unless i was confused which is fairly easy to do:tease:.

either way i took the old door off and then i popped the old liner out
and the new door popped right in, i was as surprised as you that nothing really holds it in but the 3 clips.

by the way what did you do with the old tether? there is no place to
hook it on the new door.

·
Super Moderator
5,455 Posts
drilled a small hole for it inthe black plastic, but since then I did away with the teather , I got a locking cap and dont want to drill in the cap for the teather.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I may ask the same question over Thanksgiving - mine will arrive next week and - after a sandblasting/satin black engine paint/ and 2 hour heat treatment - I will attempt to install - glad to hear it was easy

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may ask the same question over Thanksgiving - mine will arrive next week and - after a sandblasting/satin black engine paint/ and 2 hour heat treatment - I will attempt to install - glad to hear it was easy
it is simple and once you remove the SE door you can see what needs to be done to get the liner out.:thumbupleft:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have the filler on order - BUT I have an OEM 1972 Charger filler in a box in the garage rafters.......Going to look at THAT when I get home...not to mention the TransAM and Z28 side scoops that I rember in there

This may be a GOOD day!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts