Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Talk about a close contest! Even though there were only three (3) entries the votes stacked up even across the board! We had to bring in an Admin from a sister site to decide the winner. As far as we're concerned there were three winners this month but unfortunately there can only be one OFFICIAL winner.

With that said, the winner of the September 2014 Ride of the Month goes to............. @Swiftjr!! Congratulations!!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thank you all very much for the “Ride of the Month!” With all of the beautiful rides on ChallengerLife and fellow OCD (obsessed Challenger drivers) here, it truly is an honor to be selected!
I am originally from Jacksonville, Florida. I moved to Washington State when I was five years old and have lived here ever since; it’s a great place to call home. I am happily married with three wonderful step-kids and currently live in beautiful Boston Harbor, Washington.
I had been looking for this car for years when I stumbled across it at a Subaru Dealership in May of 2012 (yes a Subaru Dealership of all things). In 2009 you could not get an SRT in Deep Water Blue Pearl Metallic, so the original owner ordered every SRT option short of the 6.1 Hemi, Alcoa forged wheels, white leather stitched interior and the 6-speed, which makes this one of only 490 made in this trim that year. Also an Eibach 1.7” Pro Kit was added with shocks, springs, and sway bars along with straight exhaust from the cats back. Best of all, the price-it was $24,950. They did not know what they had! Since I purchased it I have gotten rid of the entire slew of Ram’s heads in lieu of Mopar badges and emblems. If you haven’t noticed from the pics I totally blinged out the engine bay with polished stainless steel and I have won a few car show trophies, the latest being “Best Mopar at the 39th Annual Mt. Rainier Father’s Day Car Show”. Doing the install of all of the engine bay stainless steel was not difficult, just time consuming- this stuff scratches when you breathe on it! I was very careful and took about a day and a half to do the installation. Not bad for a daily driver with 70,000 miles on it, and with no garage in Washington State!
I love detailing and adding modifications. Sometimes the littlest things add the biggest bang for the buck. I list How-To’s and events on my Challenger Facebook page and I help out anyone who asks.
I am about finished with the modifications for now, maybe some Mopar exhaust tips (being delivered today!) I am being a little more selective about the events and car shows this year as last year I went to 75 shows and meet-n-greets!
One of my greatest memories was the first day I purchased it on May 11th 2012. I met my wife in Olympia, Washington at a restaurant, and before I could ever park a group of twenty-something’s mobbed my car. I ended up taking all of them for a test drive. I call my Challenger the happy car, because whether you are looking at it, sitting in it and especially driving it, you have an ear to ear grin! The biggest surprise people get is when I tell them that this is my daily driver; they are even more surprised when I tell them that it doesn't sit inside of a garage. My best advice treat your car like it is new every day. Clay bar it at least twice a year and take the time to clean, wax and vacuum it often. I spend at least two hours a day during the car show season, but it never gets old!

Reactions: cereal killer

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Congrats on an awesome ride!

Reactions: Swiftjr

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Awesome ride. And great story. Congrats!

Reactions: Swiftjr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts