Challenger Life Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well she's been away for almost a month now, (for the second time).

Just a couple of things I do:

-Leave the windows down 1"...This allows the interior to breath.(Most important for brand new cars, this stops hazing of the dash.)

-Do not lock the doors as this sets the alarm.."battery draw"..the alarm being armed is the major cause of dead batteries...if you need to set the alarm, use a battery tender...

-the computers draw alone, will not drain the battery.

-And keep her covered!!!

Hope this was useful..Steve

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
i do all of that and add a bottle of seafoam then top off the tank
before winter sets in, i usually get to take it out once per month
for about a 10 mile drive.
been nearly a month since last cruise, supposed to rain next week
hopefully enough to wash salt off roads so i can take it out

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OOPS...forgot the part about the gas additive...I use stabil...and never on a full tank...On the evic (for those equipped) I make sure the right tank is "empty" then add just a quarter of a bottle...No need to fill the "tanks" unless she goes away for six months or so...JMPO

i do all of that and add a bottle of seafoam then top off the tank
before winter sets in, i usually get to take it out once per month
for about a 10 mile drive.
been nearly a month since last cruise, supposed to rain next week
hopefully enough to wash salt off roads so i can take it out

·
Registered
135 Posts
Think I'd go nuts not being able to drive our Challenger for the 90 % of the cold weather months. Huge monthly payment to sit in a warm garage would put me in the funny farm.
I think its bad enough making boat payments and having her sit in the garage in wait for spring or warmer days. If I lost my Challenger to you'd have to give me a rubber room

Attachments

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Think I'd go nuts not being able to drive our Challenger for the 90 % of the cold weather months. Huge monthly payment to sit in a warm garage would put me in the funny farm.
I think its bad enough making boat payments and having her sit in the garage in wait for spring or warmer days. If I lost my Challenger to you'd have to give me a rubber room
believe me it sucks big time and its got to be worse for our Canadian brethren. would love to have my new wheels installed right now but
current 15 day says nothing over 42 and the rain i was supposed to get is now forecast to be ice and rain mixed, funny thing is that last big snowstrom we had started out with the same forecast.:puke:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts